Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'll Bite Your Hotdog Off!


One year at Christmastime, when I was a puppy, and we were making the arduous 8 hour drive from Lake Havasu City, Arizona, to northern California, we stopped at a rest stop along the way on Interstate 40. I got out of the car like the crazed maniac I was at the time, and these two little Mexican boys looked pretty damn interesting to me. I had to sniff them and see if I could get them to play with me.

One of those little bastards had the nerve to tell the other, "Be careful, or he'll bite your hotdog off!"

Wha? Huh? Shut-up! I wouldn't bite their hotdogs off! But it was at that tender age that I realized the power I had. The power to intimidate! Muwhahhaaahhaaa!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I do have my soft side, and I am gentle with old and little people alike (when Brad tells me to be nice), but I love nothing more than to run out of the garage like freakin' Cujo and scare the living daylights out of the little white dog who gets to go for walks every morning. I just stop at the edge of the drive and laugh and laugh and laugh. Brad spanks me for it, but it doesn't hurt. Now he puts me on a leash so I can't do it anymore, but I get a good chuckle from the memories, and that little white dog still walks by our house with trepedation and fear in his eyes.

Just some Christmas cheer from me to you to warm your heart.

Merry Christmas,
Howard

No comments: