Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Home Alone


Now that the Effer drama is behind us for now, and forever I hope, we can focus on issues near and dear to mine own heart. Issue number one: Brad and Julie taking off on road trips without yours truly. What kind of crap is that I ask you?

Do they not think that I would love to go to Monterey by the Sea, and see things like this deer eating grass in someone's front yard?

Hells yes I would! I'm a travelin' pooch. I have logged miles and miles of roadway between Lake Havasu City, AZ, and Santa Barbara, CA, and then 4 cross country trips from California/Arizona to Iowa/Illinois/Wisconsin. I've got my road legs and know when to brace myself for when Brad rides up to a stop sign too fast and hits the breaks too hard, or when Julie is driving and turns the corner too sharp and practically puts the car up on two wheels. I know those jackballs well. I've studied them for years. They are my very life.

Now I'm old and don't travel as well as I used to, and have a harder time getting in and out of the car, but like I said, I would've loved to have gone to Monterey. If I would have seen those deers I would have lost my shiznit. I would have gone into a blind rage of barking non-stop until Brad or Julie finally pulled out the big guns and threatened me with a bath. You know how I love to stink.

Oh well, it is what it is. I get even by napping on the couch while they're gone. Until they get home I'll just be here on the couch listening for the garage door...

Yours truly,
Howdog the Stinkdog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Howard I hope Brad leaves you plenty of water, and you can relieve your digestive system...you must have a doggie door or something...a little chow on the side to tide you over until they return as well...I live on the Monterey Bay, and I can tell you there are lots of great effer critters to chase: deer, raccoons, opossums, mountain lion (the ultimate effer), and of course, the ever-popular rotting dead sea lion on the beach...if I were a dog I would be going crazy...you're missing out dude