Monday, August 23, 2010

Code Blue

Costume can be purchased here.


I am alive and well. Brad and Julie have had a tough time, but I am doing just great.

Julie had a surgery, and Brad passed out at the hospital and had a code blue called on him. Don't worry, they are both fine now. It's just that when Brad went to visit Julie in her hospital room, he got a little queasy. Julie told him she'd be alright if he needed to go home, but he thought a walk would do him just fine. He was gone for no more than 2 minutes, when Julie heard a code blue called overhead.

"Code blue, coffee cart! Code blue, coffee cart!"

Brad passed out cold.

He recovered quickly but was whisked off to the ER for evaluation, and Julie ended up being released and was home before Brad. I overheard conversation about Brad wanting to leave against medical advice, and Julie putting a halt to it.

I tell you, the things that happen when I am not around! And they wonder why I get so upset when they walk out the door all smiles saying, "We'll be right back!" Code blues can happen! I don't really know what a code blue is, but it doesn't sound good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sound like vasovagal syncope (fainting)...I had it years ago during extremely stressful times when my Dad was passing away over a period of several months...my brain would just "check out" due to stress, too much stress all at once (my brain just said "I'm outta here, this is more than I want to deal with")...total overload meltdown...sorry this happened...give them a big slobbery pooch lick, Howard