Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Orange Effer is a Vampire

I am feeling better and getting around a little better.  Must be that extra dose of glucosamine Brad is giving me.  Plus, since I was not eating, Brad has started giving me wet food with my dry food, and sometimes only wet food and I like that much better.  It is not easy being an old codger, and it ought to come with some benefits.

You know who else is an old codger?  I'll give you one guess...give up?  Of course, it's Orange Effer.  I think I saw a grey whisker in his beard the other day.  He was walking along the fence top prancing around like, "Look at me Howard.  I am so young and vibrant and you are so old and stiff-jointed!"

I willed that effer to trip over his own shadow, and when I barked through the screen door he dashed off like the true skeerdy cat he is, but before he got completely away I saw a flash of silver on the side of his ugly mug.
That being said, I think Orange Effer is like a vampire and has been around for centuries tormenting the likes of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

old cats tend to get very fat...especially housebound cats...although he seems to be outside a lot....that means he's going to be slower crossing the streets and highways...that means a large pickup truck somewhere, sometime, has his name on it...nothing like a healthy game of highway-sun-baked flat-cat frisbee to pass the time!!!!