Tuesday, March 23, 2010

As Good As I Once Was

Look at what an obedient little "shiny-coated magnificent bastard" I was!


Brad and Julie ran across this baby picture of me, and started getting all teary-eyed and maudlin on me.

On my walk today I was just pooped. Pooped I tell you! I was taking a leak and got a little unstable on my three legs ((cough)) and in the process toppled over and ended up on my back somehow. Not exactly sure how it happened, but maybe I am getting old. Naaawww! There must have been a slight hole there or something to trip me up.

Or perhaps I was just sore from the big fight yesterday.

In the words of the magnificent effer and country singer and song writer extraordinaire, Toby Kieth, "I ain't as good as I once was,
But I'm as good once as I ever was."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good picture...we were all cute when we were young...you were a magnificent Mini-Me bastard...it takes work to be tough and cute when you're old...getting old isn't about being as good as we once were, as you say Howard, it's just that we're as good but a bit less often..c'est la vie... as long as the effers stay in their place