Monday, July 12, 2010

Hot Dog




Julie moved her elliptical machine to the back yard so that she could use it in the mornings or evenings when it is cooler, but Little Douce does not appreciate it. Not one bit. Little Douce barks and barks and barks, and quite frankly it puts me in a mood.

Other things that put me in a mood:

THIS HEAT WAVE

I am too old and black coated for a heat wave. Where is the cold, biting wind that invigorates me? Where is the snow that I can shovel around with my nose?

I will tell you this much, it is not here. It is going to be 101 tomorrow, and so help me I WILL go on my walk. I will go on my walk and dream of colder days to come.

At least I will have fresh, ice cold water waiting for me. At least Brad and Julie don't leave me out in the heat to roast like a marshmallow.

Can you believe the hair-brained things people do or do not do to their poor pets? The fact that someone would leave a dog in a hot car in this day and age just rankles me. Why wouldn't people be good to a creature who worships the ground they walk on, and acts like he hasn't seen them in 10 years each and every time they walk through the door?

Brad always says, "Dogs are better than humans..."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right! Leaving a dog in a hot car can be fatal! Every year around the country, dogs die after being locked inside cars while their owners shop or run other errands. These tragic deaths are entirely preventable.

United Animal Nations (UAN) operates the My Dog is Cool Campaign to let people know that leaving a dog in a car for even “just a few minutes” may be too long. People who want to learn more about this issue, and educate others, can find downloadable fliers and brochures on our Web site: www.MyDogIsCool.com

Anonymous said...

sorry Howard to rub it in...I live on the ocean...our high temperatures since around the 4th of July average 60 to 65...aahhhhhhhhhh.....nice cool fog in the mornings, then it clears up with nice blue clean sky, then it rolls back in around 6PM..."like little cat's feet":to quote:
"the fog comes
on little cat feet.
It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on."...
(the poet Carl Sandburg)...or should we say "little effer's feet"?....